Goodreads asked Hae-Lyun Kang:

Hae-Lyun Kang Well my book is a memoir on my family and it is a memoir on the family of the man who committed affray in front of Prince Charles in January 1994. I heard a radio host Ramona Koval say of Richard Gill who is an opera director I believe and he mentioned that he had 40 dictionaries and Ramona Koval response to that was "that's madness!" and I thought to myself that I could do a high five on that one in the sense that I could relate to it as being part of a family that has numerous copies of the one item. Case in point, recently my mother had ordered 6 copies of vintage corningware spice of life casserole dish 3 litre size.

But on a more pragmatic note the book came about as I failed a 3rd teaching practicum so I had to consider some other career option so I tried my hand at writing a memoir on my family and managed to write it in within 5 months. The first draft was in longhand, automatic writing which took 8 1/2 weeks and I wrote approximately 65,000 words or so. Then I took a break of a week off before starting the second draaft which was typed up and which I wrote in 3 months getting it to approximately 70,000 words. I hope that this answers this question.