Valerie
Valerie asked:

This depressed me completely.

To answer questions about The Lovely Bones, please sign up.
Zahara Some books will do that to you, especially this one. I remember reading this after A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS by Khaled Hosseini. You just have to hang in there and accept that horrific things do happen in reality and the world is not all bad. Maybe, if you are so upset about it, advocate to help end rape, sexual abuse, etc. Do not let something push you over! Get angry about it and do something!
Annie Hill I was disappointed in this book, I liked the concept of the girl watching her family's and murderer's life as she is in heaven but the book didn't reach the hype of the concept for me. Just because a writer depicts tough topics like children being raped and murdered doesn't mean it is a good book. I felt as if the writer was very out of touch with the age group she was writing about. Most middle schoolers do not drink alcohol and have sex that early in life. I felt sick reading any of the segments about the author because it was done without any eloquence. For me this book failed to address the very hard issue of young girls being murdered brutally. Don't use that concept to make money off of your book, it made me sick.
Image for The Lovely Bones