Melissa iorio
Melissa iorio asked:

this is a rhetorical Q, does that count? Apologies ahead, about to scream now. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK!!?? I read my 1st Peter Heller book "The Painter" in March & it 'still' has me gripped heart & soul!! Haven't been able to get "The Dog Stars" yet, but I had no idea about this book just found in recs. Recommended because I loved "War of the Whales" so much. It's got to be amazing! It's Peter Heller!! :)

Donovan Ha - love it! So, I read "The Dog Stars" and felt similar and it haunted and stayed with me for a long time. I then read "The Painter" and felt same way and that launched me into reading everything he's written. Read "Kook" next, then "The Whale Warriors" and I just started his kayaking expedition book, yesterday. Great writer!
Image for The Whale Warriors