Sande Boritz   Berger

I set out to write a book, not necessarily about WW2 but instead about the damage and lingering effects of war and loss that follows into the next generation. Having grown up surrounded by my grandparents and aunts and uncles, I knew there was a deeply imbedded sense of survival guilt, which eventually became my theme. I'd love to hear similar stories or about books that have the same underlying premise.

To answer questions about The Sweetness, please sign up.
Barbara Stark-Nemon Sande, our books have similar origins in our explorations of the impact of the war and the Holocaust on successive generations to the victims and survivors, and also in the unexpected humanity of everyday non-Jewish friends and neighbors who put themselves at such life and death risk to aid and save. Do check out Even in Darkness and learn more about its background at www.barbarastarknemon.com And brava on Sweetness! I absolutely loved it.
Image for The Sweetness