Rachel Weir
Rachel Weir asked:

Are any/most of the details of life in Christian/Jewish Renaissance accurate in this book? I enjoy books like Rashi's Daughters mostly for these everyday life details [for which admittedly, I should turn to historians like Fernand Braudel, but give me a small break]....the deep gush of sexual romances are a bit too much akin to supermarket "Historical Romance Fiction" for me to completely enjoy....

Rachel Adiyah Italy during the Renaissance was not a place in which a woman, especially a Jewish woman, could move freely, and Jews were generally penned into ghettos or special areas of towns where they could not leave. Jews did not have banking dynasties, and did not consult with high ranking members of the Catholic Church. The pope and cardinals had Catholic advisers. Jews were largely limiting to loaning money to noblemen and were often plundered and demeaned. There is no history to this book; it is pure imagination.
Image for The Secret Book of Grazia dei Rossi