Teagen Bensted

Does anyone know why this book always seems to cost over $100?? I've been looking online and can't seem to find anywhere that sells it for a normal book price, nor do any of the websites say why it costs so much :( I'm really interested in reading it but can't justify spending so much on one book. Help!

To answer questions about White Bird in a Blizzard, please sign up.
Jennifer Maloney The Kindle version is only 9.99, and it looks like you can also get a hardcover for a little over $12 used on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/White-Bird-Bli...
Sam NJ is right. The book is out of print and they did not reprint when the film was released. Kasischke also seems to be more commonly published in French as she seems to have a large following there so English language editions become harder still to find. Second hand retailers are the only option for this book now, I got mine via Abebooks. I have found very few copies in good condition under $100-$150 so I snapped my copy up when it popped up for $30. Abebooks allows you to create a want, so that whenever a new copy of your title and edition is listed you are immediately notified. It was very helpful.
Ezri My best guess would be that the book is out of print - which means no new copies are being printed. The intial print run may have been quite small. Also, there is only a hardcover edition; no paperback. That would contribute to the higher cost of the existing copies as well. And now that there is a movie based on this book, it could be that there is much higher demand for the few copies that are available.

It looks like Amazon has a digital edition of the book for less than $10. I know that's not the same as having a real copy, but you would at least be able to read it that way.
Image for White Bird in a Blizzard