Robert Bone
Robert Bone asked:

Haven't really started reading this one yet. 440 pages. Looks like a terrific research job, and I do eventually want to get into it. Can someone give me a clue about it?

Daniel Pratt It's a very enjoyable read--clear, well written, and well paced. The author does a great job of balancing the accounts of people we may have heard of (Herbert Hoover, of course, and the other Americans involved in the story) with those of the folks we wouldn't know about (specifically, his Belgian grandmother and her family).

(In the interest of full disclosure: I was involved with the production of this book—my company designed the page layout—so it's possible I'm biased toward the book. But I really did enjoy it!)
Image for Behind the Lines
by Jeffrey B. Miller (Goodreads Author)