Hacheymax
Hacheymax asked:

why are merl and daryl not in this book series. I was disappointed to find out that they were not here, I know that there is a guy in negon's group with a crossbow, but any one can find a crossbow in a zombie apocalypse. Is that daryl?

To answer questions about Days Gone Bye, please sign up.
Schreck No. Daryl is not in the comic book series and, last I heard, Robert Kirkman has no plans to put him in either. To the best of my knowledge, Meryl and Daryl were characters created specially for the T.V. series and were created by Frank Darabont who was the executive producer of the first season. TV shows do not always use all the existing characters from the source material and in a lot of cases create their own as well like Meryl and Daryl.
Image for Days Gone Bye