On page 370, what does Eliot see on Harry's gun? Has Harry inscribed the bareword there? Is that how he controls Emily in the end and avoids the command to shoot her? Or am I reading too much into it and does Eliot just use that to distract Harry temporarily so he can knock him out? Meaning that Harry is able to not follow Emily's commands because love is a bareword too...

To answer questions about Lexicon, please sign up.
Kelly Moriarity Yes, Eliot uses an old distraction trick to draw Harry's eyes down to his rifle....just lie how Emily would draw the eyes of her "customers" elsewhere when she was doing her card tricks
Paperback Mo Yes it was just to distract Harry so he could knock him out. Eliot confesses to doing this a few pages later.
Ashwillread Hahaha I just asked a question wondering this too!! It's driving me crazy lol. I think distraction might be right since if it was the bare word Eliot would've been affected right?
Image for Lexicon
by Max Barry (Goodreads Author)