Amanda
Amanda asked:

Why does the plot sound exactly like Joyce Carol Oates's short story "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been"?

To answer questions about Ugly Girls, please sign up.
Lindsay Hunter Ooooh, I wish it was exactly like that story! It's one of my favorites. Actually it might be my favorite. That story is unparalleled and if I ever come close to anything like it, I can die happy.

My novel, though, is quite different from that story, aside from the fact that Jamey tries to lure Perry (as Arnold Friend tries to lure Connie). Jamey lures over a longer time period--weeks--while Arnold Friend does all of it in maybe twenty minutes. Good God, that story! My novel is more about the friendship between two girls, their power struggles, the chaos that ensues. I hope you'll read it.
Kerri Its funny I was thinking Foxfire with this title. Joyce Carol Oates likes her bad girls.
Image for Ugly Girls
by Lindsay Hunter (Goodreads Author)