Maegan
Maegan asked:

Is this book an easier to understand than the first one? I did rather enjoy The Burning Sky but I had a really hard time following the story because I didn't know what most of the words meant.

To answer questions about The Perilous Sea, please sign up.
Jessica I think there's a certain level of reading and prior knowledge with the fantasy genre in general required. It flips between two timelines, so if you are good at keeping track then, that will help.
George You obviously had access to the internet. There are many dictionaries available free, and you could--and should--have used one or more to look up the words you didn't know.

You--by which I actually mean 'a person who is now where you were 4 years ago when you asked this question'--would do well to start with The Burning Sky, look up words that really stump you when encountered, and make lists of the peripheral ones to check on in bunches in between chapters.
Image for The Perilous Sea
by Sherry Thomas (Goodreads Author)