✶ Tia ✶
✶ Tia ✶ asked:

I just wanna say that I wish the other books were made into movies, as well. How come nobody`s interested in that? The story is perfect, it`s different and perfect. It deserves a full on-screen version, I think.

To answer questions about The Golden Compass, please sign up.
Samantha (Bookwyrmsam) You probably already know about this as your question was posted 5 years ago, but HBO (U.S) and BBC (U.K) just put out a new adaptation titled after the series as "His Dark Materials". So far it has been fantastic, and more faithful to the original text (although I didn't think that the movie was as bad as some people say). I think the best thing about the new show is probably the amazing cast!!!!!!!!!
Constance Too many religious folks felt the book was an attack on their religion. Hollywood is in the states the states are more religious than other countries. Basically when the movie came out it didn't do too well in theaters cause of the religious right telling people it was an attack on God. No profit...no incentive to make more movies.
Matthew I'm sure you already know, but there is an HBO/BBC adaptation of the entire book series coming to television later this year.
Charlotte Siobhan I agree, I LOVED the second book, probably more than I liked the first book and I think, IF IT WERE DONE WELL, it could make a great movie.
Screechowl45 And also they are so good nobody could possibly recreate them!
Image for The Golden Compass