Jody Toupin
Jody Toupin asked:

I can't handle how much I adore this book. After this selection I went on to read all of Jenny Han's novels. I would love to use this book for a grade 7 literature circle, does anyone think the content is too mature? Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

BeaBeaGum I wouldn't read it with your 7th graders. I'm in 6th grade, but I read it on my own. One thing, it'd be really awkward for 12 year olds to read together. Especially if there are boys and girls. It's just awkward like that. I wouldn't even want to read it with my mom.
Jacki There's a little bit about sex in it. Nothing explicit, but it is made known that several characters in the book have had sex. The main character talks about a pact she and her older sister had made to not have sex until marriage or at least until they are 21 and deeply in love. There are at least a few swear words (I can specifically remember reading a "Shit!"). When I was in 7th grade (8 years ago), I was reading books that were all together worse. I think you just need to know your particular audience. I don't think it would be too mature, but I'm not a parent.
Takelia I don't think it's too mature. The book is rated ages 12 and up.
Krystal Cortez I think it is definitely too mature for 7th graders.
Image for To All the Boys I've Loved Before
by Jenny Han (Goodreads Author)