Mike Case
Mike Case asked:

Did any of you "non-militants" even read the book? I think Kens assertions mentioned by so many here are exactly as stated and proper as none of you have read what you are denigrating. Get a life people its a nice little book that my kids enjoy and I enjoy reading it to them. While eating a blt with ham and sausage...

Maureen Boag Why not publish books about slaughterhouses for young children, pictures included. Let them know the whole truth. Maybe there could be pictures of children bearing witness at a slaughterhouse, instead of picking apples. Humans no longer need meat to live. We are the only animal that lives to eat. No wonder obesity and health problems are rampant. That would be good material for a children's book as well. There is absolutely no humane way to kill anything that does not want or deserve to die. It's time to stop conditioning children to eat meat. It's time to teach them compassion.
Image for I Want to Be Bacon When I Grow Up!
by Ken Skinner (Goodreads Author)