Diane
Diane asked:

LOL! I'm scared it's a little *too* gruesome for bedtime reading? It's hard to tell what someone thinks of as gruesome anymore, in the age of Breaking Bad - which got too gruesome for me. I LOVE Micheal Robotham's Joseph O'Loughlin series and Denise Mina's Garnethill series.

To answer questions about Cold Granite, please sign up.
Mystereity Reviews I wouldn't say it's too gruesome. It's mostly a straightforward police procedural and any gory parts were at a minimum.
Sarah It's not full-on graphic violence, but there are some fairly gut-churning descriptions of decomposing bodies and injuries, and several of the victims are children in this particular book. I didn't feel that the gruesomeness was gratuitous - this is definitely noir, rather than a cosy mystery. I haven't watched "Breaking Bad", but was a fan of both the books and series of "Dexter" - to my mind this series doesn't go anywhere near as far as that.
Image for Cold Granite