Penney Nile
Penney Nile asked Simon Hawke:

My son is a HUGE fan of the Steele series, which I also read and liked. Are there any plans for further Steele books?

Simon Hawke Penney, there will probably not be any more Steele books, at least, not written by me. This is because of the nature of that series, to which I do not own the rights. Originally, the editor on that project was Jim Morris (who went on to become a successful screenwriter). He approached me through my agent at that time. The publisher had outlined the idea for this series and they wanted me to write it. I thought their idea could be improved, so I offered to re-write their series outline and Jim agreed that my version was better, so that is what we went with. I wrote the first 6 books in the Steele series, under the pen name J.D. Masters, then decided not to do any more, so Victor Milan continued the series under the name Steve Hunter, which has caused some confusion in that people thought that was me. Vic should really get the proper credit for the books he wrote, so I want to make sure that people know I only wrote the J.D. Masters books. Anyway, thank your son for me, and I hope you'll try some of my other work and enjoy it equally.
Best, Simon