Al Maki
Al Maki asked:

The idea in "The Ego Tunnel" that I find most interesting and disturbing is the suggestion that the "self" and what I would call the "will" are not necessarily congruent. (This is my phrasing, not Metzinger's, he discusses it in "The Alien Hand".) That is, the sources of agency are not necessarily within consciousness. It's an idea I would like to see developed further, does he elaborate on it in "Being No One"?

Ryan Edwards He has done a lot of work recently on this, building on the framework of this book. Within the context of studies on mind-wandering, his provocative claim is that for most of our conscious lives we are not mentally autonomous. The distinction between subpersonal and personal level mental processes is important for this argument. See: https://www.blogs.uni-mainz.de/fb05ph...
Image for Being No One