Anthony
Anthony asked:

I don't play video games really, Will I still be able to enjoy the book without beating the bioshock games?

To answer questions about BioShock: Rapture, please sign up.
Jes Jones It's a matter of personal opinion. Overall, I think it's interesting enough for someone who isn't familiar with the game to enjoy it. It's different than a lot of novels out there, and is excruciatingly morbid that it's hard not to finish it at least.

However, if you have played the games it's a bit more addicting and entertaining because you are already familiar with the characters, and the plot.

As someone who isn't too into playing video games herself, give this game a shot. I loved it and it inspired me to continue on to Bioshock 2 as well as Bioshock Infinite.
Miya There's really no way to accuretly predict whether or not you'll enjoy this book.

The characters and setting are explained well enough that you don't need to have played the games to understand who is who and what's going on. However, I do think the book will be more pleasing to those who have played at least the first game and want to delve more into the lives of those involved in shaping Rapture and the events that led to its downfall.

If you aren't into playing video games, how do you feel about watching others play? There are plenty of Youtubers who play the first game and upload their playthroughs. Here is an example of one of them, it's only the first 15 minutes of the game, but it's good quality and there's no commentary to distract you:

http://youtu.be/fJr_jVCbdWA
Kim Morgan Personally - yes. I didn't play the games either but I loved reading up about the world and I haven't been able to get this book out of my head.
Viktor Blake I don't think so, unless you liked the book so much you decide to play the games afterwards, which is a complete different matter haha
Jamal Alenezi Very sorry for the late response. I just got my mental web entangled in this awesome game series again. I just wanted more and saw your question here.
Well my friend, do you like watching the game movie or the entire game series -> According to releases (Lighthouse Edition) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag5gG...
-> According to the Chronological order of the story ( Rapture Edition, not recommended for spoilers from BSI) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9rBx...
As for the book, i am just looking for more and as far as i collected from epilogues and reviews, its a prequel to how the world came to be =)
PS: Making the choices gives different outcomes in the game. To get the full experience, play the games incl. DLC. The links above give you the least tragic of all.
Hope i helped.
Amin Hammami Most certainly yes! It's a prequel to something even darker so you'll be missing a large part of the story.
Jason Moore I'm going to say, probably not. It was kind of fun for someone who was a huge fan of the games (like me), but there is just not enough plot there for somebody who is looking for a great sci-fi yarn to pass the time.
Image for BioShock