Katrina
Katrina asked:

Thinking of getting this for my highly intelligent, dyslexic, 11 year old niece. Is it appropriate? She likes horror/zombies/witches etc... Needs something where the pictures help explain the story. Also, any other suggestions gratefully received.

To answer questions about Welcome to Lovecraft, please sign up.
Ken-ichi I agree with Alex, definitely too violent. You might consider Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book if you haven't already. Not a comic, but similar subjects and themes.
Lauren Lockwood and Co would be a great series -- suspense, ghosts, but not violent. I would have loved it at that age.
Alex I don't know her, but I would say it's too violent for an 11 year-old... e.g. multiple gunshot wounds to the head. Coffin Hill is a little more family friendly.
Matthias Seeing this comment is already 5 years old, giving it to her now would be the perfect age ;)
Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter Graphic novelazations of 'Tales from the Crypt' might be better for an 11-year-old. I know they made a few
Lee Ann Lynn I thought this was a good series of GNs. The characters themselves are teens. Imaginative albeit a bit violent but how else are you going to kill malevolent beings. I liked the at work too. Different so not boring.
Amelia Neil Gaiman's Graveyard book is an excellent suggestion - if it is good enough for Patrick Rothfuss' 4 year old boy it is for sure appropriate for an 11 year old.

On the other hand - if you want graphic novels, although not based on zombie/monsters - Scott Pilgram series is a fun read, Adventure Time may also be a wise choice. But again, not monster themed but more age appropriate.

Also, take a peak at this list - you may find some that are appealing for future reference :)

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

Katrina cool, thanks guys. She's already read Neil Gaiman so I need him to pump out another dozen pronto (if only writing were that easy!). Loving the tales from the crypt and adventure time suggestions, sure they'll be popular :-)
Image for Welcome to Lovecraft
by Joe Hill (Goodreads Author)