Sunni
Sunni asked:

I loved Cast of Killers, so I am going to pass on this. Cast of Killers also offered a solution to the murder so I don't know why it says "remained unsolved until now."

Tracy Sunni, because it hasn't been solved.
Sketchbook The "unsolved til now" line is bunkum. There are 4 books on the Desi Taylor murder -- each offers a solution. Guess what ? It's still a deep mystery.
Mary Talk about a cold case. I too enjoyed Cast of Killers but I feel the “killer” was chosen based on old rumors and gossip. Author’s information source came by King Vidor , famous Hollywood director, long dead. No documentation. A good, fun book, but Kirkpatrick’s theory is just an interesting hook. ‘Tinsel Town’ seems better researched. It would be amazing if the killer could be discovered after a century , but like Jack the Ripper ( on a larger scale), this murder will likely remain unsolved.
Debbie Hagan Mann offers a different solution than Stanley Kirkpatrick did in Cast of Killers. Mann's "killer" is based on a death-bed confession. He makes a fairly solid case. Still a few doubts linger.
Lisa "Unsolved until now" can parse as "not officially solved as of this time" (correct), but the inference that this is the solution is, I see, makes it semantically disingenuous to some.
Image for Tinseltown