Mikey Inglish
Mikey Inglish asked:

Is this one as brilliant as The House of Silk??

To answer questions about Moriarty, please sign up.
Dennis Henley House of Silk was better. To say why would spoil Moriarty. Be aware that neither Dr. Watson nor Sherlock Holmes are main characters in the book.

The denouement may annoy some readers.

I'm still glad I read it.
Tiffany I definitely preferred House of Silk. Moriarty had an explosive ending but the super slow build up didn't necessarily have the same pay off. Also, House of Silks various mysteries came together in a more Holmesian way if that makes any sense.
Leah I would personally say I think I actually preferred it to House of Silk
Sharon Miller I personally did not like this book at all. It is a Holmes pastiche minus the eponymous detective. Holmes really isn't in the book. I did not find any of the characters compelling, so I was not interested in their story. Just my opinion though, which is subjective to state the obvious. I did like House of Silk very much. I was perplexed by the disparity in the books. If you liked House of Silk it may not follow that you like this book.
Mohamed AlSharqi I haven't completed it yet, but it's a very enjoyable read so far. Not as great as The House of Silk, though. I would definitely recommend it, especially for one who has read The House of Silk and the original SH books.
Dorothy Sherlock Holmes isn't even in this book, and Horowitz plays a dirty trick on the reader too. So although well written, I didn't like it.
SOURISH ROY Like The House of Silk Horowitz here exposes the dark underbelly of the Victorian London. The atmosphere here is darker and the murders more gory but the story never quite reaches the heights attained by the The House Of Silk which is a more polished work of art. The final twist which though unexpected has no novelty about it. Overall it is a good novel and is recommended for the Holmes aficionados.
READ THE FULL REVIEW AT
http://bit.ly/MoriartyReview
TC Virta I really liked this book. And the end completely caught me off guard.
Victoria Conlan I think I preferred this one. I did pretty much get the twist in this one, although it wasn't quite what I expected, but I did like how it played out. House of Silk felt a bit ... I don't know, I think I found the ending disappointing.
The only problem with this one for me is that it ended a bit suddenly and unexpectedly.
Kristin Gately Do I need to read House of Silk first? Or will this one make sense without having read it?
Abhishek Ghose Preferred Moriarty over House of Silk. Found it better paced.
Fleet Sparrow I loved it equally as House of Silk. It just depends on what you're looking for in a book. I will say that you'll need some time after you finish it to talk to fellow readers or to sit and review it all again from excitement and processing, which to me is just a hallmark of a great book.
Mona I thought "House of Silk" was a better book.

"Moriarty" has a totally surprising ending, but somehow in the end it's unsatisfying.
Jan I enjoyed House of Silk, but in my opinion, Moriarty is even better, with a fabulous twist at the end!
Nakita Allen Omg I loved this book so much ( as you can already tell from the description above)!!! However I have not yet read the house of silk :( I am going to have to pick that one up :D
Soham SO MUCH BETTER, AND I LOVED THE HOUSE OF SILK.
Image for Moriarty
by Anthony Horowitz (Goodreads Author)