Kosta
Kosta asked:

Do schools have this in their reading lists?

To answer questions about The Hundred Dresses, please sign up.
Snoopypanda I wish I had known about this book when I was in grade school. I just found out about it through Goodreads and just finished it but I guess that finding out about it at age 51 is better than not knowing about it at all.
Eileen Rose It should be! Better yet, Great Grandparents should read it to their families and say, "This is what elementary reading books were like when I was your age! We had the same problem you face today, bullying. Here's how they handled it."
Heather It was on my son's school reading list. In fact they are reading it together and doing discussion circles and other activities in their next reading unit using this book.
Mel Yes, My Daughter had it as a reading assignment for class discussions.
Renee D. I use this book as a read aloud in 3rd grade. Something to know when reading aloud or discussing this is that the main character, Wanda, is Polish. Need to read her dialog haltingly and with an accent if possible to help students better understand why she was teased/bullied.
Sara My son just read it in 3rd grade at public school. I got it from the library to read to my 6 year old daughter.
Jill Radwanski yes! We are reading it as a whole class (4th grade) in order to learn 'reader's responses', character traits, prediction, etc. This list goes on. It's just so wonderful.
Joy2116 Some may. I used this book as a read aloud.
Image for The Hundred Dresses