Spencer Howerton

I watched the movies and they were really good.Are the books better than the book? And if so should I read this trilogy?

To answer questions about The Hunger Games, please sign up.
Mia All three of the books are much, much, much better then the movies. The movies leave out many important parts whereas the book has a lot more depth and meaning etc in them so they are easier to understand the concept of the Hunger Games.

I personally loved the trilogy and I recommend reading them :))
Bumblebee426 You should definitly read the books,they are soooooo awesome.
Regan I think all the books are better just because they cut some great scenes out of the movie
Kellen The first book is by far better than the movie. The second movie, however, outshines the book. I'm unsure of how the third movie compares to the first half of the third book, but I personally didn't like Mockingjay at all.
If you liked the movies, I think you would definitely enjoy they books. The last two may not be quite up to snuff with the movies, but it's impossible to read the first one and NOT read the others! :)
Hobite First of all I saw movies (Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and Mockingjay 1). And before watching the last part in cinema, I have decided to read books. Everybody goes crazy how good movies are and I wanted to know why. So. I really loved books, especially the first one, where everything presented much more clear; there are answers and a lot of explanations which I did not get from the movies. The Mockingjay I have read in couple of days and now everything is blurred, so at some point in future definitely will read second time. If you loved movies and like to read - I believe you should love books much more !
Manaal The books are better than the movies, they are more descriptive and have a few things they changed in the movie, so its not completely the same.
twice_baked✌️ I personally think the books were written horribly, but most people don't agree. I'd say the movies were better because you aren't reading them, you're just watching them. She switches tenses in the first chapter, and that really turned me off. You can't switch tenses in a movie, so I'd say the movies were better and avoid the books like the plague (if the plague were written really badly).
Kylee yes the books are way better than the movies, Catching Fire is more unlike the movie than anything. Please read the books because they are so good
Terrsesa I THINK U SHOULD READ THE BOOKS!! OMG THERE SO AMAZING I THINK THE MOVIES R ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD 2 BUT ID SAY READ THE BOOKS!

P.S IF YA REALLY LIKED KATNISS OR PEETA NOT TRYIN TA SPOIL IT BUT ULL REALLY LIKE THE MOCKING JAY ENDING
Amy OMG YES! I love this book SO MUCH. I would give this entire series 10 stars!
Rori The books were I think a lot better than the movies, not that i didn't like the movies but they always leave out some stuff.
Grace The books are what I call #AWESOME I loved them sooooooooooo much I am reading them for the 3rd time (my friend has read them 10 times) they are that awesome! Definitely recommend them for anyone who is thinking of reading them.
Sophie Yes! You should definitely read the books! I personally believe that the books are far better than the movies, but that is for you to decide when you read them.
Red_Queen_Lover Four words; READ THE BOOKS FIRST!!!!!!!
TurtleZ I absolutely loved the book Mockingjay. I finished it in 7 hours. You should DEFINITELY read it. One of the best books on earth. : )
Greg The books give us much more character development. We know at all times what is going on in Katniss' brain, and a movie simply can't show this.
Lea In my opinion, the books are ALWAY better than the movie. In The Hunger Games movie, they had cut out some REALLY important things, but it was still good. READ. THE. TRILOGY.
Login Shalaby Hunger games the book IS better
Catching fire the book is awesome
Mockingjay the film is much better
i didn't like the book so much as it was really boring
there is no hunger games as the first two books
don't read MOCKINJAY
Maheen Sehar Yeah very nice ,I realy like this ...

http://www.jobz.pk/railway-jobs-jobs
Eli.Capo The books make you go right into the carachter. I never seen the movies and I don't wanna se them, maybe to brutal for a kid like me.
Leticia Porter The books are way better than the movies. I know people who actually don't like the movies and I am surprised and they definitely aren't my favorite movies but I put the books on the top of my lists. So you should definitely read the books. And like others are saying a lot of my favorite parts get cut out or shortened.
Timothy Morrison yes, the books always are, as they are about individual relationships between people.
Clary In my opinion, books are always better than the movies!
Chris I haven't read the book yet, but I know from experience that the books are ALWAYS! ALWAYS!! ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIES!!!!!
miriam bloxenheim The books are much better than the movies, where every time Jennifer Lawrence cried it sounds like a wolf howling to his fellow brethren
Roro I've already watched the four movies before I read any of the books. All four movies are very neat and very well done. I don't follow During the past month I've finished the first two books so far, and both books are breath taking. Even though I had to free space in my reading list for them, I can not, at all, say I regret it.

The books are indeed better than the movies, but still pretty similar as well, and the most important is that they don't, for as far as 'Catching Fire', contradict with one anther.

Best thing is that the movie did not ruin the book, and if you read the book, you can still enjoy the movie and vice versa.

The author is brilliant.
Hollis Sev I really didn't like the second and third books, so don't waste your time reading it. I haven't watched the movies, but I have heard that they are better than the book. Thanks!! I hope this review helped you a lot.
Alexandra The books are waaayyyy better! My favorite, tied with Harry Potter, of course! Read them, and then I would suggest watching the movies again afterwards. I read the books first, but it will give you a whole new view of the movies. Hope you enjoy!
Image for The Hunger Games