Virginia Lloyd
Virginia Lloyd asked Suzanne Woods Fisher:

What influenced your writings about the Amish? How much research goes into each book and how did you find a publisher?

Suzanne Woods Fisher Hi Virginia! Three great questions! As for writing about the Amish--my grandfather was Old Order German Baptist Brethren--a cousin to the Amish. That relationship was my chief influence. As for research each book--quite a lot of time goes into studying topics for the books. I write non-fiction as well, which requires a lot of traveling and interviews. And as for finding a publisher--I started with an agent. They're the gatekeepers for the traditional publishing industry. Hope that helps! Thanks for your interest, Virginia. Warmly, Suzanne