Smriti
Smriti asked:

I'm 42 pages in and I'm in pain. Should I continue reading? Blergh.

To answer questions about The Lovely Bones, please sign up.
Anna This is another book from the list "100 Books You Should Read Before You Die." Many of those are "slow-starters". I felt it with this one too, but remembered there must be something great about it to be on that list. So I kept reading and I am very glad. Touches on family relationships, the way different people grieve, and how life goes on.

Do read it, you won't be sorry.
Lori no. don't waste your time.
Melissa Rodd I barely got through the first chapter, heart racing and just upsetting to read. Then I kept reading at my sisters request, I am now on page 165 and although I will say it got better, this book is (as another person commented) all over the place. I hope I can make it to the end.
John Gannon No. Stop right now and get find a copy of Country of the Pointed Firs in order to cleanse yourself from this awful story.
Joseph closkey Run, run now!!!
Naomi Campbell Did you continue reading? I think you should. I read it and then watched the movie.
Ellie I had to read the book for English A-Level. I enjoyed the book, just like the rest of my class did. The book is enjoyable if it is your kind of genre. If you enjoy this genre of book, I would absolutely recommend it. Sorry if this is now irrelevant.
Jeanine Malarsky Yes. The story is very well written and gets beyond its darkest elements.
Sherri Kramerson Yes, finish the book to get all the details and then watch the movie on DVD. Alice Sebold writes extraordinary and sad stories. it made me cry.
Danae it's good book. continue.
Bella Emy Ugh! What a drag this was...I thought it would be so much better....
Daniel I didn't. curious about the movie but may never get to it.
Loren Clive I couldn't take it either. Creepy
Emily Dickinson I couldn't continue it either.
Kimberly I read it when it first came out and thought it quite good...maybe the book doesn't age well...
Modus What's your problem?
Image for The Lovely Bones