Iulia
Iulia asked:

Is this book fun even for an older person? I read the first chapters and I had a feeling that it is too fast-paced and the 1st person technique makes it seem superficial. Does it get better at a certain point? I was looking for a book similar to HP and the mythology thing really appealed to me, but HP had a lot of complex stuff going on. Does this have elements that could appeal to adults as well?

To answer questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Becci I am 30+ and I love these books.
They are multilayered stories, but you won't notice that until you get into the book as the surface world has to be explained first.
But if you enjoy myths and adventure and fun, then yes, these are well worth it even for us older readers.
Serena Sure, but above all it's a humorous adventure, which can appeal to most adults. Most of the books in this series are from Percy's first person perspective. It's like Disney's animated Hercules as far as following Greek mythology goes. If nothing about the book's characters appeals to you, it might just be your preference to go for something else. You might enjoy Mary Renault's Theseus or Alexander the Great novels.
Image for The Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author)