Goodreads asked Wllm Worth:

Wllm Worth Perseverance versus persecution. When it feels like a job or like cramming for an exam it isn’t writing, it’s reporting and that’s OK. There are times when our minds are empty or so cluttered with useless trash that we can’t find a path to the door, when the bar lights come on at 2 AM and the Muse we were watching doesn’t find us attractive or it drives us crazy that there is no rhyme for the word orange. We call this “Writer’s Block” and it feels like we’re trapped like a rat in a maze.
No need to despair, just redirect your creative energies. To me “Writer’s Block” just means there will be no new words tonight but we have plenty of words from previous nights to work on, after all we are wordsmiths aren’t we? For me: I reread and rewrite focusing on punctuation and sentence structures. If it has been long enough since I revisited the story I can actually edit or rework entire scenes or chapters. Another great thing to do is work on character studies. I do this all the time, just start a character with a name or occupation or something distinguishing such as an injury or unforeseen event they find themselves in. Limit your character study to one page and stop when you feel the reader can understand something about them. Then just file it away, I find that I use these characters in future stories all the time. They patiently wait in my computer folder called “Character Studies” and aren’t offended by the simple titles that I give them such as “Character Study 13.” I shoudn’t say they “patiently” wait because they do show up in my dreams from time to time.