Goodreads asked Wllm Worth:

Wllm Worth By Gone Daze – The Inspiration
By Wllm Worth
Our summer plans were stopped by a storm quite near our destination in the Gulf of Mexico. Shelter was found in a small Alabama town known for its historic sites and fishing. My friends explored the latter while I searched the lands for antebellum treasures. Just as I thought I’d driven too far, the ornate wrought iron gates came into view.
“This must be the place.” I thought remembering the old Innkeepers directions.
“Welcome, friend.” The gentle giant greeted as I viewed the salvaged sections of once grand mansions: slabs of slate, marble sills and porch columns of which I purchased two.
“Can I ask about the gates at the entrance of the salvage yard and the iron images of winged creatures gripping the curved bars; are you a welder?”
“No, I’m not.” He answered with a smile as he led me to an old circus tent protecting more fragile items from the weather. “Thems always was here, ya see, this used to be a cemetery.”
I stopped and turned back towards them wondering how many living and dead they had welcomed before me. It was then that I knew I had to find out everything about the gates and tell their story.