James Trammell

A statement by Barnhouse on Revelation 2:17; specifically about the new name written on the white stone. I cannot find it again but would like to know it. He described the name as one so intimate that it would only compare to the secret name lovers would have for one another. Can anyone tell me if that is in this book and if so, can you tell me what it says? Thank you.

Rayna Pinkerton You can find it in the last 2 paragraphs of the commentary for Rev. 2:12-17. In my book it is on page 59.. . "in the most intimate of all human relationships, there is a place for endearing names which refinement will not permit to be bandied about in public...... This is the intimacy promised to the overcoming believer by the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bridegroom will speak to the Bride. He will have a tender name for her that shall not be known, even to the cherubim and the seraphim."
Image for Revelation