A Goodreads user asked Jodi Watters:

How much have you marketed your first book Next to Me, and has it's success exceeded your expectations so far?

Jodi Watters Beyond posting to the main social media sites, I've not done a significant amount of marketing, mainly because I'm still learning the ropes on what works and what doesn't. It's really a wing and a prayer thing for me! And to see you use the word 'success' in the same sentence as my book makes me a little weepy. Honestly. In my mind, I'm nowhere near that word, yet. My expectations are unrealistically high and since Next To Me is only about 4 days post release and my first ever, I'm still waiting with bated breath. The fact that a few people seem to like it thrills me beyond belief. On one hand, I hope every single person loves it so much, they tell their gynecologist's about it. On the other hand, I'm waiting for the review where I'm decimated all over the internet, told even if I wrote the next 'Harry Potter' nobody would buy it, and P.S. my ass looks fat in these jeans. Just about any writer will tell you, self-doubt is a cruel oppressor. What can I say? I need therapy.