Rachel
Rachel asked:

Regarding young readers, is there profanity and/ or adult sexual themes in this book?

To answer questions about Leave the World Behind, please sign up.
Jenn A certain amount of sex and discussion of bodies, including non related adults being (platonically) naked together.
April Mcdowell I don't know what age you mean, but this book is really dark and scary. I would only want a very mature, stable teenager to read it.
Kathryn Cope I would not recommend for young readers. As well as sex scenes (which felt gratuitous) there are references to masturbation. Having said that, teenage boys would probably appreciate the author's preoccupation with bodily fluids.
Tracey Yes, there are both. Fine for an older teen, though. There are some graphic sex scenes that really don't contribute to the story IMO. This would actually be a pretty decent YA novel if you just took out the descriptions of 40-somethings getting it on (no teen wants to read that!).
Patty Some gratuitous sexual themes that were a bit annoying as they didn't add much of anything to the story.
Sandra Yes, adult language and sexual themes throughout.
Image for Leave the World Behind
by Rumaan Alam (Goodreads Author)