Jean
Jean asked:

IS THIS GOOD FOR A LADIES BOOKCLUB

Johnnie My ladies' book club would revolt.
Jean I'm a librarian. I thought the ladies of my Monday afternoon book discussion at the library would hate it (and be unhappy with me for choosing it), but it turned out that most of them loved it and even wanted to read it a second time and/or buy a copy of it for themselves so they could own their own copy!
Iffat Our book club read it and all of us ladies loved it. Gender of the reader doesn't matter that much if the book is good and this book is GOOD.
Plus today's women read not just Mills & Boon but a variety of topics. We are well informed, well educated, diverse women.
Mary No! It will bore more than half of your club to tears! And this is coming from someone who likes politics and political books.
Jim It depends - on which stories are read and discussed and, of course, on the ladies.

(no need to be "completist" about it - each chapter stands on its own - it's essentially an anthology)

The story that recounted how Nixon and Johnson manipulated each other in the two years up to Nixon's election was fascinating to me. So was the one about Truman recruiting Hoover to administer humanitarian aid in post WWII Europe. Ford despised Carter until they met up with three other ex-presidents en route Sadat's funeral - then they collaborated as friends for many years.

Kennedy got a modesty sandwich with the Bay of Pigs and called Ike in for a post-mortem.

I suggest to review Look Inside! on Amazon and the Google Books Preview to get a feel for the book.
Image for The Presidents Club