Laura
Laura asked:

Wonder if others thought the book suffered, unfairly, from the real pandemic, and some of the ways it has differed from what happens in the book?

To answer questions about A Beginning at the End, please sign up.
Allison I think the book is wonderful, but it was a very uncomfortable book for me to read in early March of 2020, just when the COVID pandemic was starting to materialize in the collective consciousness. At the time I remember thinking, "I hope the real pandemic isn't as bad as the one in the book!" So yeah, the COVID pandemic may make people unwilling to pick up the book right now. Perhaps in another year, when we're hopefully making our way back to normalcy, the book will gain the popularity it deserves. It really is a good book!
Image for A Beginning at the End
by Mike Chen (Goodreads Author)