Sofia
Sofia asked:

Anne Bishop is a master story teller, and I wish,given her talent, she could write faster but March 2015 is now in my calendar and I can't wait for Simon, Meg and the rest of the courtyard to tell the rest of the story..can anyone else recommend a similar type of fantasy book?

To answer questions about Vision in Silver, please sign up.
Carolina If you haven't read Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniel series or her new Burn for Me book, I highly, HIGHLY recommend those two series. I have yet to recommend an Ilona Andrews book and get a negative reaction on them.
Lisa I would have to say that the next best series of books to read in the meanwhile would be both Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series and her Alpha and Omega series.
Rita Webb I agree with the recommendations to read books by Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, and Karen Marie Moning! If you don't mind a male lead character, Jim Butcher's series the Dresden Files is also excellent.

And as far as these other recommendations, I need to check them out.
Maria Ines Alvarez out of all books i have read nothing compares to Anne Bishop but here is a list of series i have enjoyed

Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels)
Patricia Briggs (all)
Karen Chance (all)
Karen Marie Moning (the fever series)
Laurell K Hamilton ( Anitas first few books)
Charlaine Harris (all)
Gail Carriger (soulless)
Darynda Jones (Charley Davidson)
Jaye Wells (sabina Kane)
Diana Pharaoh Francis (horngate witches)
Stacia Kane (downside ghost)
Jeaninie Frost (night huntress)
Jennifer estep (elemental assissin)(bigtime)
Nalini Singh (guild hunter)
Kerstin Geir (the ruby red trilogy)
JD Robb (in death)
Phillipa Ballantine (Book of the order)
Chloe Neill (chicagoland vampires)
Kelly armstrong (bitten)
Lisa Shearin (Raine Benares)

and many many more...
Maggie K Try Kelley Armstrong - Bitten (13 books in the series) - but i also agree with the Ilona Andrews recommendation. love the Kate Daniels series!
Khushboo have you read the FEVER series by karen moning? if not, you are missing out. it's like my second favourite after Kate Daniels.
Jodie Clark I suppose that depends upon what you mean by similar. If you mean similar in that you want a world where vampires and shape-shifters exist, but the heroine is neither, all intermingling in an engaging storyline with interesting characters, there's the Twilight series. If you mean a complex and compelling alternate universe with a plot-line that is seriously hard to put down, try Robin Hobb. Of Hobb's works, the closest thematically to The Others series is probably the Soldier Son trilogy.
Julie Have you read the Black Jewels series by Anne ?
I love the Others series but my favourite books by Anne are the entire black jewels series, love the characters, the world and their story.
I'm currently re-reading them AGAIN !
The Ephemera series by Anne is great too
Chrissi For writng style I'd offer Nalini Singh or Patrick Rothfuss, both are very smooth like Anne. Maybe Kate Elliott's Spiritwalker Trilogy, though that series is more alternative history with the Fae than urban fantasy like the "Others".
Linzi Day If you like a slow burn and very, very different compelling characters I would also recommend Ilona Andrews - BUT - start with the Innkeeper series it's more accessible and IMHO as good and in some ways better (definitely better than the early Kate books) than Kate.
Ellie October Daye series is really good!
Terry O If you looking for characters like Meg i would look more at alpha and omega than some of the others mentioned below. I'd also read the fallen empire(Mistborn series), I haven't finished the whole book yet but Vin is a lot more like Meg and Anna than say Mercy Thompson is. I don't think there's any romance in the Mistborn series, but it's well written and long enough to tide you over until the next Anne Bishop book comes out.
Mingki In terms of the complicated relationship between the hero and the heroine, I'd recommend Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst. I myself feel the character of the heroines, rather quiet but observant and resourceful and determined, are similar. Still, the book is not Urban Fantasy set as it is set in pre-modern desert environment.
Image for Vision in Silver