Goodreads asked Leslie Tentler:

Leslie Tentler That’s a good question. I wish I knew the answer! I just get these little seeds of ideas in my head and then start working the story out on my computer screen. I daydream A LOT about my characters, and the majority of those scenes floating in my mind never make it into the actual story.

For my Chasing Evil Trilogy, all I knew in the beginning was that I wanted each book to be about a different FBI agent, facing the investigation of his life while also beginning to develop feelings for a woman ensnared in the case. My new book, Fallen, is also in that “law enforcement romantic thriller” territory. But emotionally, I wanted to give it a new twist. Instead of having two characters who meet and fall in love over the course of the story, I wanted to write about a couple who had once been very much in love, then had a terrible tragedy befall them that drove them apart. Having a previously married couple trying to find their way back to one another was something I hadn’t done before. And of course, all of this is set against a pretty tense investigation my hero is handling…he’s a homicide detective with the Atlanta Police.