Lauren
Lauren asked:

Can i read this without reading the other books, or do i beed to read them in order.

To answer questions about The Sum of All Fears, please sign up.
Adam I don't know if it's too late, but definitely read Clear and Present Danger before this. I almost skipped it because I'm not interested in drug wars, but I'm glad I read it. It made so much more of this book clearer.
David Yes. There are some connections that can be made through the other books but this one is a stand alone novel and can be read before them.

Enjoy! Clancy will plummet you with extra information though, but it's worth the time.
Christian There are references to other stories, but this story stands alone on its own.
Tyler I never read any other Jack Ryan books, but I don't think it has affected my enjoyment of this book. There are some references to past events but they are usually summarized so you have a functional understanding of how it applies to the events taking place. So yes you can read this without reading the previous books in the series.
Image for The Sum of All Fears