Goodreads asked David Ssembajjo:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

David Ssembajjo It is about becoming a master over your own work and there is self control in your work. Writing is a duty and career which you improvise and practice. I have the confidence and self motivation. You are able to create your own world in writing. You become more organised and encouraged to write what you believe in. You can write at your own pace in your own time. You focus your life around writing and you are capable of writing about the world and to be able to make it a better place.

As a writer you are able to examine many events and the world becomes your own story. You gather information and ideas to write about. You test, try and discover the world. You are a free species in the eyes of the world. You become part of the world and you chronicle the world. It is the ambition of a writer to dispense knowledge and wisdom. You place your experience into words. A writer is living proof that a world can become harmonious and peaceful. Writing is an acknowledgement that brings understanding in the world. There are many subject matters to write about. Stories reflect real physical and practicable lives.

As a writer I am able to recreate puzzles and riddles for readers to interpret and for readers to find the true meaning of my work. I follow the reader by writing about any topic which they might find interesting and which they can relate to. I am able to write in great detail about the community I have lived in and my persional experiences help me to develop my work. I have the ability to create a volume of work that is contemporary and also historical in meaning. Every day offers varying opportunities for me as a writer and varying degrees of assessment. I offer a critical view of life and of the world and I challenge the social and political outlook of life. Writing is a progressive chapter which can enrich the mind and it offers knowledge in order to resolve problems in life. Writing offers ideas to solve predicaments that confront us. As a writer I am able to initiate debates on issues I write about.