Goodreads asked Scott Gelowitz:

Scott Gelowitz I had always thought about writing a story using my hometown of Grayson as the setting.

I started The Book of Adam - Town Secrets without any real direction, just some characters in the town, but I knew they were going on a quest to discover something. Once I had reached Chapter 6, I didn't really know where the story was going, and I got stuck.

After a few months, I had a small idea but didn't know how to work it into the story line I had been working on. I took that idea and wrote a short story of about 5000 words, mostly in point form, that became the backbone for the series.

Once I had the backbone, it took me another four months to get through the first draft.