Ana Nogueira
Ana Nogueira asked:

I wanna read this book, but I'm not really a fan of very descriptive books, like Lord of the Rings and stuff like that. Does Dune fall on that kind of work?

To answer questions about Dune, please sign up.
Sam yeah you probably wouldn't like it. if the reason you dont like lotr is because the description weighs the action down and draws out boring scenes, youd hate dune. it took almost 200 pages for me to get into it.
Aidan Yes if you can't read through any dull parts or can't stand the fact you can't understand the book until page 120 then this isn't a good book for you
Matthew Ward I finished Dune yesterday, and I hope I can answer your question.
I found Dune to be quite heavily descriptive but in a different way to The Lord of the Rings. While LOTR features a large amount of description of the setting, Dune features a large amount of description of characters' thoughts. The mental processes of the characters is a very important aspect of the story. There actually isn't that much setting description in Dune. The author pretty much puts all the burden on the reader to grasp the world of the story.
So, description like The Lord of the Rings? I'd say no.
Large amount of description of thoughts? Definitely yes.

I hope that helps. If I need to add anything else to help you out, let me know.
Image for Dune