Kathy
Kathy asked:

Is this a good suggestion for a Church book club?

Sandra Tubbs I think it would be especially good for a church group, to talk about how commercialized and $$$-focused most peoples views are of Christmas. Maybe at end of study, the group can commit to adding my spiritual goals into their Christmas planning.
Sophie Saunders No, definitely not.
Sarampionn I agree with them. The story is comical, and maybe it is a good choice to remember the truly meaning of Christmas.
Liana This book is more a commercialized version of Christmas. It would be ok for a church group, there would be a lot of lessons that could be learnt from the book as well as the story is comical.
Sharon Yes, the book's ending expresses the true meaning of Christmas!
Theresa It's been a while since I read it. I don't remember anything "bad" in it, but it doesn't really talk about the biblical account of Christmas. It's really funny and I enjoyed it. I guess it would depend on what you were looking for for your club.
Vicki Khouli I read it because it was my church book club’s pick for our December book, so I guess it works. It’s a sweet story actually.
Kate I don't think so. It's amusing and it ends with some genuinely kindly holiday, fellow-human spirit, but it's farcical and the main character is a grump without having the redemptive aspects of Mr. Scrooge. I would recommend Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory" for color and genuine sweetness.
Robert If you think treating people like crap is the way to get what you want, then go ahead and recommend it. Not a religious book, it's about the commercial and show-off aspects of Christmas with a heavy dose of peer pressure.
Claudine Cable Absolutely. Clean, fun read.
Image for Skipping Christmas / Christmas With the Kranks
by John Grisham (Goodreads Author)