Kurt
Kurt asked:

Would love to read THE BLIND OWL but am concerned about which English transition is best to start with. The D.P. Costello version seems the most readily available to me but have read that it might not be consistenly true to the text...any help would be appreciated.

To answer questions about The Blind Owl, please sign up.
David Harris According to the author of Persian Fiction Reader (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...), the Costello translation is very close to the Persian. He recommended it as one that can be studied alongside the original Persian text.
Marc Adler I'm reading (and have read) the Costello translation. I've skimmed the Bashiri one, and it was too mechanical and dry. This translation is the one the book's deserved reputation is based on. You won't go wrong with it.
Zuzana Reveszova I am currently reading Naveed Noori's translation and according to very precise translator's introduction, I assume it should be quite faithful to the original.
Image for The Blind Owl