Karen Llewellyn

Is the level of writing better than sixth grade? Is there a bit of wit and charm in it?

To answer questions about Murder at the Brightwell, please sign up.
Eager Reader Yes, there is a lot of charm and subtle British wit. I found it very well written.
Gayle Wekenman Surprisingly, yes it is. With the title, my original thought was a typical cozy. However, the characters and plot are interesting.
Mikki I really enjoy this series as well. It hits all my cozy buttons of
1. Not a stupid protagonist that makes stupid mistakes and stupid decisions stupidly every other page because the plot requires it.
2. The protagonist is self-aware and knows when she should pull back, but also knows why she doesn't.
3. British!
4. Cozy.
5. Well-plotted mysteries.
6. A distinct lack of wacky for no apparent reason fiends.
Michell Karnes I too thought this might be a cozy mystery much like Royal Spyness but found the characters more realistic. I love the personalities of Amory and Milo. They play off of one another so well. Amory is elegant and thoughtful, Milo is dashing and witty. This is a fantastic novel.
Sharon Absolutely! While there is no graphic sexual encounters, there are certainly distinctly adult situations.
Sheila Kimball I own this book and liked it very much yes there is a bit of wit and charm like most cozy books I would read other books by Ashley Weaver
Image for Murder at the Brightwell
by Ashley Weaver (Goodreads Author)