Judilibrarian C

Has anyone found this powerful title on a high school reading list in the past five years?

To answer questions about Cry the Beloved Country, please sign up.
Rachel I am reading it for a 10th grade honors class.
Karen My daughter is reading it in Honor English 10 right now. So I am joining her.
Melanie I have taught it off and on for the last 20 years. I didn't teach it the last two, plan to add it back next year. It's lovely.
Tali Yes. It was one of the books I could choose (and did!) for the Gr. 11 Individual Study Unit in English last year.
Taylor Husak I had to read it for AP English my senior year of high school. That was about 4 years ago.
Bailey H. I'm reading it for 9th grade honors.
Anusha Its being taught to us for our O levels in literature. :)
Kara I had to read it this summer.
Kylee Snuffer Yes, it has been read for 6+ years for the British Literature Class for grade X.
Caleb Ireland Yes! I read it in a high school junior/senior elective course on African literature.
Saskia I had to read it last month in grade 11 in Namibia :).
Lennon Marie I read this in high school. I graduated 2014.
Maddie Mattox I am reading it in 8th grade
Neelesh Gupta im reading it for preap english 10
Britan Required summer reading for 12th grade Honors English here.
Joy Dewitt yeah I read it in 1972 for honors English I don't think you will find it for just average high school reading
Grace Arend I'm reading it right now for pre-ap 9 English
Bee Read this for AP Lit in 12th grade (2015).
Sarah I am re-reading it and it was on my 10th grade list (but that was in the year 2000). It was the only book my teacher required to read at some point that year (the list was probably over 100 choices but Cry The Beloved Country she required you read as one of your book reports that year).

I think I will get much more out of it now.
Matthew Kim I read this in my 8th grade honors class.
Alexis I just completed this book for English 10.
Reader My son is reading it in a 9th grade honors class.
Kiara Maharaj Yep, I attended 10th grade this year and we had to read it as a set book along with Romeo an Juliet.
Caroline Yep I read it this year in a 11th grade English class
M.J. Perry I had to read it in grade 11 English, but that was more than 40 years ago.
Kiasha Yup, it was our grade 10 setbook in 2014
Todd I'm thinking of using it next year for 10th grade English. I finally had success teaching "Things Fall Apart" by adding the horrifying problems of modern Nigeria, such as the Boko Haram kidnapping of the school children. For "Cry, The Beloved Country," I thought we could access Apartheid via Paul Simon's "Graceland"; and then I would bring in the modern problems of South Africa, including anti-immigrant riots from black South Africans in 2008, but namely how this could lead to larger questions about the pre-European and European histories of the area.
Image for Cry the Beloved Country