Mina
Mina asked:

I think people rating a book they have not even the intention to read show such a ridiculous, immature, and childish behaviour, I feel embarrassed for them. Those of you who came here looking at the rating of this novel: do not trust, the rating is highly influenced by people who has nothing better to do than rating books without having read them.

To answer questions about Neverwas, please sign up.
Tina Schoepf I did read all three of these books. I liked them.
Karla I believe the "haven't read" ratings was precipitated by a reader who was offended that a neighborhood she currently lives in was portrayed as segregated in the alternate history timeline in the book. Personally, I think it was an overreaction, and became more about the author commenting/trying to explain on a reviewer's update (on another site) than it was about the content. Though the assertions made by some that a riot such as happens in the book couldn't happen today were rendered irrelevant in the wake of Ferguson, MO. But this very typical Goodreads wank happened prior to that (December 2013).
Image for Neverwas