Maher Mostapha

hi All, I am not into self-help books. Judging from the reviews, this book seems an advertisement of how great the CV of the writer is, and it is promoting Yale in almost every review. As a parent who has a kid just starting the school this year, would you recommend this book as a first insight into this mysterious subject of kids minds and building confidence or I am off-topic if I buy it? thank you

Tammy I thought the book spent more time convincing people to acknowledge the importance of recognizing emotion in creating productive and safe work and school environments rather than on the practical strategies of how to do it. If you're wanting parenting tips--the reason I chose to read it--you'll be disappointed. There's one chapter on emotional regulation.
Irina-Marina Borţoi Hi, it's not so much about building confidence as it is about understanding that all emotions are valid and we should learn how to express them, starting from childhood, and allow ourselves to do so. I found it quite useful, but I'm not a parent, I just read it very thoroughly as I was working on the translation.
Image for Permission to Feel
by Marc Brackett (Goodreads Author)