Lian Tanner
Lian Tanner asked:

I'd love to know what people think of the new cover - the one with the looming ship. This is the edition that's coming out in the US/Canada next year (August 2015). Feedback, anyone?

To answer questions about Ice Breaker, please sign up.
J Russell Hi, I run a primary school library in Melbourne & have children in secondary. If I had a choice I would rather use the US cover - it is a 'pick me up! cover' for the intended audience. It must be a hard job being an illustrator as they have to create something that the audience will like while being innovative at the same time.... that said a cover the students do not like means they will not pick up the book without someone taking the time to introduce it to them. I have read Icebreaker aloud to one of my boys and he loved it, and I'm recommending it to my able readers at school - but if I had the US cover I suspect I'd probably only need to put it on the new book shelf and the students would be coming back to me and asking me for the next one. (I am assuming this cover is produced with the same high production values as the old cover.)
Grace Looming ship. I can't wait to read it. BTW I love your other people's books list. It always sends me off to the bookstores and happily reminds me of some of my favorites. Glad to see a new book from you, thanx Grace from Chicago, a fellow dunnetteer
Image for Ice Breaker
by Lian Tanner (Goodreads Author)