Carolyn Wright

I agree it was beautifully written, but I don't know if I had as strong a reaction to the book.

To answer questions about A Monster Calls, please sign up.
Chris Chang I actually agree with you. I loved the writing style, but I felt that the ending of the book lacked the climax I had been expecting. It was sort of.. predictable in a sense. There were different parts of the story which I didn't really understand - such as Harry's role in the whole saga, or why Conor's mother kept saying "that's a yew tree, you know". I just felt a lot of stuff were left unexplained, such that the end felt unsatisfying. The message the book is trying to convey is definitely good though.
The Rudie Librarian (Brian) My reaction I think stems from having felt many of the same things that the narrator does...only instead of them being about my mom, they were about my sister.
Image for A Monster Calls