Elizabeth
Elizabeth asked Tessa Gratton:

Hi Tessa! What do you do about writer's block? Do you push through it and still write then rewrite it later. Or do you distract yourself with other things then write when inspiration hits?

Tessa Gratton Hi Elizabeth!

I think writer's block is my subconscious mind's way of telling me I've taken a wrong turn in my story. I don't just push through, but I also do not just stop and write only when inspired. When I feel the gaping maw of writer's block, I step back and look carefully at my story: when was the last time I was excited about it and what is the last moment I know is good or right? I will back up and look at character motivations, arcs, plotting and pace, trying to identify where I took my wrong turn. Once I figure that out, the writer's block goes away. ..... Until next time, that it! :D