Jackie O'sullivan

Why do I think this book is just dire when 99% of the rest of the world think it is the best thing ever? I can't bear Mrs Bennet. I don't care over much about any of the characters and just find the social settings forced and in places unbelievable. Maybe I don't have the right sort of romantic gene or something. I just can't get past the first 100 pages without wanting to set fire to the book

To answer questions about Pride and Prejudice, please sign up.
Elizabeth Oh dear god, I thought I was the only one with that opinion..
I would love to say that it gets better, but you will see no redeemeing act whatsoever and at the end you just won't feel any closure.
My advice is: if you think you can master it - try and read the book, see if it gets any better by yourself; if, on the contrary, you think it is a deliberate waste of time... then THE HELL WITH IT :))
In conclusion: do what you think suits you best, certainly do not feel obligated to finish the book just because it is a classic if you haven't the ambition, and feel contented that you are not the only with this opinion.
all the best wishes,
Elizabeth M.
Image for Pride and Prejudice