Anne Maurer
Anne Maurer asked:

since when has Calgary moved to Ontario? He mentions that a conference was held there!!!! Where is his editoror is it that no one cares aboutthe geography of Canada? Otherwise I loved this book

To answer questions about The Golem of Hollywood, please sign up.
Debbe I caught this too. Unlike Robert, I could find no evidence of a Calgary in Ontario. Not saying there isn't one but would it be big enough to host a conference?! ;^)
He may have been being tricky but who would believe it!? hahahaha
Roberta Calgary is in ALBERTA, not Ontario. References to a Calgary, Ontario on Google or Ask.com mention both Calgary AND Ontario. It's typical of many (not all) American writers to use Canada as an exotic-sounding location, and to not be concerned about the accuracy of their geography. Perhaps the authors are only aware of the Canadian provinces of Quebec and Ontario, and the editors didn't even consider that the reference might be wrong, or that readers would care.

Calgary isn't a good choice for a Canadian meeting of the association anyway. If a North American association of architects had met in Calgary, the city might not have turned into the collection of huge glass towers that have largely replaced diverse, fascinating neighbourhoods and views of the river from downtown.

The carelessness of the authors and editors is one reason I didn't rate the novel higher than 4.
Robert Sambosky I caught this too. Googled it. There is also a Calgary, Ontario. Was he being a little tricky there?
Justin Klinger This reminds me of The Dark Tower. In one of the books, Stephen King actually mentions that he got the location of Alphabet City wrong in an earlier novel. So, on one level of the tower, it's in one place, and on another level of the tower, it's someplace else.
Image for The Golem of Hollywood